Liverpool, Jan 25: It has been a dream start to the season for Everton and manager David Moyes is certainly looking to fill the gaps in the squad and maintain their current standings. However, a tight budget means Moyes has to sell some of his stars but he cannot afford to do so during the January transfer window. Here is a look at all the transfer news and rumours for Everton in the transfer window this month.
- Everton have been linked with Toulouse midfielder Etienne Capoue, who is also wanted by Arsenal, for around £10 million. The young France international could be a possible replacement for Marouane Fellaini in case he leaves the club.
- The Toffees were also targeting Yann M'Vila from Rennes. The 22-year old Frenchman was a target for Tottenham and QPR but opted to move to Russia with Rubin Kazan.
- James McCarthy has been attracting top clubs in the Premier League including Arsenal and Liverpool but Everton could make a move for the young Irishman who has been impressive over the last 18 months.
- Everton need a new midfielder to replace the injured Darren Gibson and David Moyes has is sights on West Ham United midfielder Mohamed Diame, who has a release clause of £3.5million in his contract. Arsenal and Tottenham are also interested in signing Diame.
- Everton have been eyeing Chesterfield's £2m-rated youngster Tendayi Darikwa but face competition from Merseyside rivals Liverpool.
- Sylvain Distin, 35, has extended his stay at Goodison Park for another year. The centre-back signed a new one-year deal with the Toffees.
- Marouane Fellaini has been Everton's spark this season but David Moyes will struggle to keep him at the club. Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing the Belgian who has a £30million buy-out clause in his contract.
- Everton left-back Leighton Baines has been on Manchester United's radar. The England left-back is considered one of the best in Europe and Sir Alex Ferguson is considering a £12million bid but Everton are holding a £15million valuation.
- Everton are keen on signing Groningen defender Virgil van Dijk. The 21-year old Dutch star has two caps for Holland U-21.