New Delhi/Singapore, Dec 27: The 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim was shifted to Singapore for further treatment.
She has been admitted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital which has a state-of-the-art facility for multi-organ transplant. Doctors of the hospital informed that the victim's health condition deteriorated but they refused to reveal further information regarding the same.
Government is bearing all expenses of the treatment, stated a government official. Doctors at Safdarjung Hospital said that the decision on taking her abroad was taken on late Wednesday night.
Dr BD Athani, Medical Superintendent of the Safdarjung Hospital where the victim was rushed to after being gang-raped and brutally assaulted on Dec 16, said she was given "the best of the available medical aid" during her 10-day treatment at the hospital here.
"With fortitude and courage, the girl survived the after-effects of the injuries so far well. But the condition continues to be critical. Based on the advice of a team of doctors, the Government of India has made arrangements for the patient being shifted in a well-equipped air ambulance," he told reporters on Wednesday.
The medical team, which started treating the victim in Singapore, consulted other doctors and experts across India, US and UK.
Six men raped her and threw her out of a moving bus. She suffered massive internal injuries. Her health fluctuated often since then. Several operations have been performed on her and surgeons have removed her gangrenous small intestine.
(With PTI inputs)