London, Dec 19: Sturridge set to snub Tottenham and join Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs try to sign Liverpool target Ince, Arsenal agree deals for five players but not Walcott, Manchester City asked to forget about De Rossi, Arsenal open talks with Huntelaar, Manchester giants target Brazilian Fernandinho, all the transfer news and rumours from the Barclays Premier League on Dec 19.
- Daniel Sturridge is set to leave Chelsea for Liverpool next month. The Reds have agreed £12m deal to sign the 23-year-old England international who will move in early in the January transfer window. Meanwhile, Blackpool winger Tom Ince, 20, is set to complete a £6m return to Anfield.
- Arsenal agree deals with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlian, Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson and Jack Wilshere but are yet to hold talk with contract rebel Theo Walcott. The 23-year-old winger is demanding £100,000-a-week and has already rejected an improved offer from the Gunners.
- Arsenal have also opened talks with Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. The Dutch striker is demanding nearly £100,000-a-week in wages and a three-year contract to move to the north London club.
- Manchester City could miss out on signing long-term target Daniele De Rossi after Roma president James Pallotta warned the club will not sell the 29-year-old in January. City are willing to offer £25m for the Italy international with a lucrative contract.
- Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez is not sure whether Frank Lampard, 34, whose contract expires at the end of the season, will remain at Stamford Bridge until summer.
- Meanwhile, the Blues are interested in Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic as a replacement for Lampard.
- Arsenal and Tottenham have joined other Premier League giants to consider a move for Barcelona striker David Villa.
- Tottenham and Newcastle United are planning to hijack Liverpool target Tom Ince, 20.
- Reading midfielder Jimmy Kebe has blamed owner Anton Zingarevich for the clubs current slump in the Premier League and has urged him to spend during the January transfer window.
- Manchester giants City and United are chasing Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk.