London, Sep 18: Manchester United want to outbid Chelsea and Manchester City for Portuguese striker, Fernando Torres was on his way back to Liverpool, United's Nick Powell to replace legend Paul Scholes in midfield. Manchester City playmaker David Silva to be offered blockbuster contract.
All the Transfer news and rumours on September 18
- Manchester United plan to beat rivals Chelsea and Manchester City for the signature of striker Nelson Oliveira. The 21-year old Portuguese is currently on loan with La Liga side Deportivo la Coruna from Benfica.
- Manchester City are planning to offer playmaker David Silva a £200,000-a-week contract to ward off interests from Real Madrid. The new contract will keep Silva among the top earners in the club like Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez and Yaya Toure.
- Everton boss David Moyes wants to sign former Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc. The 32-year old Polish keeper is a free agent after leaving Fiorentina.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson feels 18-year old midfielder Nick Powell can be a long-term replacement for veteran Paul Scholes.
- Former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli wanted bring Chelsea striker Fernando Torres back to Anfield.
- Danny Rose, 22, hopes to seal a permanent deal with Sunderland after his loan move from Tottenham.
- Brendan Rodgers will select Samed Yesil, 18, for Liverpool's Europa League clash against Young Boys on Thursday.