Gandhinagar, Sep 15: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi too joined the critics of prime minister Manmohan Singh who has been slammed over UPA government's decision to allow Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retails in India.
Calling the PM "Singham (Lion) for foreigners", the Gujarat CM on Saturday, Sep 15 said, You (Prime Minister) are allowing foreign traders to enter India.....What would be the percentage of businessmen from Italy, the country wants to know."
The CM's statement against the PM clearly shows how he indirectly targeted Congress President Sonia Gandhi. Continuing his criticism, Modi said, "How many businessmen from Italy are going to take advantage of this? How many businessmen from Italy are going to come to India to run grocery stores?"
Here are few highlights from Modi's speech criticising the PM:
- Dr Manmohan Singh, you don't have that strength in your bones that you can die fighting....Instead you should have said we will fight dying every moment' (marte-marte ladenge).
- In the last eight years of his rule, I have seen the Prime Minister showing spine and holding his head high only twice.
- The first time when he was signing the nuclear treaty with US, and all his allies were opposing it....He said if my government has to go, let it go, I will sign the nuclear treaty at any cost.
- Whenever the issue of corruption comes up, the Prime Minister cites coalition dharma as a constraint.
- (But) For the second time, the PM has again done it for the foreigners (defying the allies), so that they can come here to conquer the trade of India and take away employment.