London, Sept 5: Manchester United had record £38 million offer turned down for Brazilian star, Liverpool offered three players to land Clint Dempsey, Jack Wilshere not named in Arsenal squad, Andy Carroll out for six weeks, Michael Owen joins Stoke City.
All the transfers news, rumours from Barclays Premier League 2012-13
- Former Manchester United and Liverpool striker Michael Owen has signed a one-year contract with Stoke City subject to approval from the Premier League Board.
- Manchester United put forth their record £38 million bid for Brazilian ace Neymar but the 20-year-old opted to stay at Santos until his country hosts the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Arsenal have excluded midfielder Jack Wilshere from their 25-man squad even though he is ready for training.
- Liverpool are eyeing 37-year-old Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero. However, the 2006 World Cup winner is close signing a deal with Australian A-League side Sydney FC.
- West Ham striker Andy Carroll, 23, faces six weeks on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring injury in his first game at Upton Park after joining on loan from Liverpool.
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero could trigger a backlash from manager Roberto Mancini after training for Argentina even though he is not fit to play for his club.
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was prepared to give away Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing and Jose Enrique to sign Fulham forward Clint Dempsey.