Bangalore, May 8: National Olympiad Foundation (NOF) is introducing their new project 'Prarambh' which will aim to empower children belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
Lack of awareness, infrastructure, knowledge, training material and guidance restrict the BPL students from entering into the competitive world at an early stage of their educational career. Prarambh will train these students and will avail them with some conceptual study material, guidance, training etc.
Later, NOF will conduct a test for these students without putting any load on their or their parent’s pocket. Under the project of 'Prarambh', NOF will train the teachers, so that the methodology of teaching can improve and children can get better quality of education rather than being deprived because of the financial crisis.
What is Prarambh and how is this project going to be implemented?
- A series of sessions on different learning techniques to improve their knowledge and understanding about the subject.
- Numerous workshops on topics like Health Education, Current affairs, Financial Education Multiple Intelligence, Life Skills, Memory Improvement, Building up Confidence.
- Timely sessions/classes on the basic subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Commerce, Economics and Mathematics will be taken.
- A session will be organized for the students by some experts which will help them to strategise the learning and understanding methodology which can make things easier for a student and can also help them to follow the conceptual approach of learning.
- The teachers from the schools will also be guided as in how to make the student understand things in a better way and how to bring changes into the current teaching methodology. This will be done through a special teachers training session.
- A special session will be taken by our executives telling the students about the usage of the OMR sheet and also the strategies to do better in such an examination.
- Now, the result of the same will be declared and will be pasted on the school notice board
- The toppers and other bright performers will now be selected for the final level of this project which is all about their developmental training and making them capable of competing with other brains studying in private schools.
- A special IT training session will be provided to a set of toppers making them experts with the basic computer operations which is going to help them throughout their life. This session will not cost the student a single rupee. It will be free of cost for them.
- A free diploma course will be conducted for students with an objective of Personality development, development of communication skills and imparting moral values in them also including basic trainings like table ethics and a few sessions into the grooming laboratory.
- The best students will be awarded with cash scholarships ranging from INR 1000 to INR 5000.
- A set of toppers are to be awarded with Scholarships.
- The toppers will also be awarded with prizes like Tablets, PCs, Books etc.
- The organization will also avail class 12th students with the preparatory books for competitive exams like PMT, JEE, AIEEE, CET etc. depending on the interest of the students.
- All the participating schools will be availed with a set of study material for its students so that the students can take maximum advantage out of it.
- All the participating students will also get a certificate of participation which will help to motivate the student.
NOF is an organisation whose prime objective is to find talented students studying in various schools, conducting a talent search examination for them and honoring the talented students and also helping them in their higher studies by means of Scholarships.
To make the project 'Prarambh' a success, NOF this time has joined hands with several other well-known and recognised Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs), such as - CRY, SMILE FOUNDATION, Teach for India and Ved Vyas Foundation.