Lucknow, Jan 31: Congress finally announced its manifesto ahead of the crucial Uttar Pradesh assembly election 2012. Union Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal along with Rita Bahuguna Joshi, Salman Khurshid and other Congress ministers declared the manifesto on Tuesday, Jan 31.
Congress released the manifesto with the pictures of Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. Here it can be recalled that BJP and Samajwadi Party had published their manifesto with images of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Mulayam Singh Yadav respectively.
Congress manifesto caught the attention of people as the party has promised several things unlike laptops and Akash Tablets like BJP or Samajwadi Party or BSP.
Highlights of the manifesto released by Congress:
- The Chief Minister (CM) will come under the purview of the Lokayukta
- Corruption will be rooted out from the state
- Mahila police station (women police station) will be constructed in all districts in UP
- The party will give special attention and will focus on people belonging to OBC and Bunkers
- 20 lakh jobs will be available for youths
- ITI and Polytechnic will be in main focus in terms of education, reservations will be there for students from backward classes
- Bank fund will be introduced for women in the state
- New hostels will be constructed for Dalit students Well-construct roads will be built
- Transport system, especially in big cities such as Lucknow, Allahabad and Meerut, will be upgraded. Metro will also be constructed
- Women will be provided money from special Bank fund
- Inter-colleges will be built in the areas where population is more than 2,500
- Farmers will get special loans and will be benefited while dealing in the whole-sale markets
- Urdu will be granted as the second government language
- State-wide ambulance will be available
- Women will be provided extra security