Raja 'innocent', NDA govt responsible for 2G scam: Sibal

Posted by:
Published: Monday, July 25, 2011, 15:56 [IST]

2G: Is Raja 'innocent', NDA responsible?

New Delhi, Jul 25: Union HRD minister and telecom minister Kapil Sibal on Monday, Jul 25 voiced for the former telecom minister A Raja who is one of the main accused in the 2G spectrum scam. Sibal claimed that Raja is "innocent" until the investigating agency-CBI proves any charges against him (Raja).

Sibal blamed the NDA government for the whole second generation telecom spectrum scam as the "first come first serve policy implemented by Raja" was approved by the then NDA government.

However, BJP president Nitin Gadkari, during a press conference on the same day, demanded the resignation of the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh and P Chidambaram on the grounds that they tried to hide facts regarding the 2G scam.

The party further said that they wanted to know why the Prime Minister did not respond to the letters written by Raja adding that the party was exposed by their own ex-member, A Raja.

Meanwhile, Raja made new damning allegations against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. He has said in court that the sale of the spectrum was approved in the presence of the PM.

Raja went a step ahead and also accused the then Finance Minister P Chidambaram and said in court that Chidambaram had approved the sale of spectrum to DB Realty. He had earlier feigned his innocence by stating that he was just following the telecom policy of the NDA regime and that he has done no wrong.

OneIndia News

 

Write a Comment