New York, Feb 10: The tablet market has been changed to one of the most competitive market, excatly like the handset world. With the emerge of Google Android OS, different brands came up with varity of models with advanced features. The new kid in the market is HP TouchPad with webOS 3.0.
Even though the Apple iPad still dominates the market with more than 70 percent share, most of the analysts predict the bright future of Android devices. Earlier, we saw the reign of Samsung Galaxy Tab and some other Android tablets from other brands, which slightly decreased the domination of Apple iPad.
According to rumor mills, Motorola Xoom will hit the market on Feb 24 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 will be unveiled at 2011 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona. More over, we also heard the latest abuzz of iPad to production and Apple's 'Surprise Fall Launch' of iPad 3. So, it will be a tough competiton for HP TouchPad to grab the attention.
Keeping the rumors of Apple iPad 2 and iPad 3, let's consider a comparison between the Motorola Xoom powered by 'tablet only OS' Android 3.0 Honeycomb and HP TouchPad, as both are considered as 'iPad-Killer.'
Motorola Xoom Vs HP TouchPad:
1. Screen - Motorola Xoom has a 10.1-inch dispaly with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels and a 160 dpi pixel density. HP TouchPad has a 9.7-inch XGA capacitive multitouch screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
2. Operating System - Motorola Xoom runs on Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS, that is specially designed for tablets with an attractive User Interface and it allows installing third party applications. The HP TouchPad runs on webOS 3.0. HP has not yet revealed the features of webOS but said that this will run PCs soon!
3. Processor and RAM - Motrola Xoom is powered with a Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core processor and 1GB RAM, where as HP TouchPad has a Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2-GHz processor
4. Camera - Motorola went far forward with dual camera, 5 MP rear-facing camera with dual LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing camera for video chatting. But, HP TouchPad has only a front facing 1.3 MP for video calling.
5. Memory and SD card - Motorola Xoom offers 32 GB in-built memory and a micro SD slot which supports upto 32 GB. HP TouchPad will offer 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage and no word on memory expansion.
6. Applications - Motorola Xoom users can download various apps from Android Market. It is not clear that how many apps are available for HP TouchPad!
7. Price & Availability - Motorola Xoom will hit the market on Feb 24 at $799. HP has not yet announced the price and release date of TouchPad tablet.