Islamabad, Aug 16: The Pakistan is yet to decide on accepting India"s offer of $5 million as aid for the victims of the floods, diplomatic sources said on Monday.
Diplomatic Sources told that “no decision" had been made as yet on the offer that was conveyed by External Affairs Minister S M Krishna to his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mahmood Qureshi during a telephone conversation on Friday, Aug 13.
Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit told, “We appreciate this offer made by India. It has been conveyed to the relevant authorities.“
Krishna, in his conversation with Qureshi on Friday, Aug 13, had described the offer of aid as a “gesture of solidarity with the people of Pakistan in their hour of need".
The floods triggered by unusually heavy monsoon rains have killed over 1,700 people and affected 20 million.