Bangalore, Aug 14: Kannada heroine, short built beautiful blondie Ramya seems to have managed to get the Chief Minister, BS Yeddyurappa to spill some beans on his personal and political life. The interview which was published in Vijaya Karnataka, Kannada Daily on Thursday, Aug 14 reveals some very interesting tit bits about the BJP leader and how he got where he got.
Following are the excerpts from the elaborate interview:
On Kannada film industry
- I am ready to act in movies if I get a chance, the roles should be of real life heroes like Chhatrapati Shivaji or Bhagat Singh.
- I am a great fan of Dr Raj Kumar and Kalpana. I used to see their movies three times a day. The song from Kasturi Nivas movie "adisu nodu beelisi nudu" is one my favorite sing.
On his personal life
- I was born and bought up in Bookinakere in Mandya District. It is the place where I learn't the importance of self less social service.
- I was married to Veerabhadra Shastri's daughter Mytra Devi when I was 18 years. She was there with me till I was deputy Chief Minister. I lost her. If my wife was alive, she would have been extremely happy to see me in this position. I have kept her photo in God's room. It's a great loss for me.
- I have never expected my children to join politics. But my son, B S Raghavendra has shown a good progress in this field. He started his career as a member of Municipal council. Now he is a member of Parliament. By God's grace he defeated Congress nominee S Bangarappa. I am extremely happy for his success.
On his Political journey
- For me, politics means doing 'social service' to the society
- Former chief ministers of the State Veerendra Patil and D Devraj Urs are my inspiration as political leaders but now days we wont find such great leaders. There are quite a few but the standards have fallen.
- When asked about his estimate of former Prime Minister Deve gowda, he said, I have real respect to HDD because he is hard worker.
- My role model to join politics is definitely former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Watch the Ramya's rendezvous with BSY as he reveals more on his loyalty and adherence to RSS principles and his love for his wife, on the interview which billed for telecast on Suvarna tv Kannada channel on Saturday 15 Aug, at 10 A.M.