According to police sources, Shashikala Bhujbal, her husband Balkrishna and their two children,-- residents of Renuka Nagar Society at Wadala Naka -- sustained minor injuries in a blast due to leakage of gas from a cooking cylinder as they were in other room.
However, in the blast, the windows and doors of the flat were totally damaged.
Giving details of the incident, police said Shashikala forgot to turn off the regulator of the LPG gas cylinder last night. As a result, the gas continued to leak and accumulated in the kitchen. In the morning, due to excessive pressure and heat, the accumulated gas exploded, they added.
UNI GB SSS VKG1720