Three sisters killed due to gas leakage in Ankleswar GIDC

Published: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 21:04 [IST]
 

Vadodara, Nov 12 (UNI) In a tragic incident, all the three daughters of a labour couple from Madhya Pradesh were killed following leakage of a spurious gas from a closed chemical plant in the Ankleswar GIDC complex in Bharuch district today.

According to police sources, the incident occurred around 0700 hrs this morning when the sisters trio--Kamila Tegus,18, Karma, 17, and Anu, 7 together went to an abandoned factory room to take bath.

Their parents were away when the incident took place.

While Kamila and Karma died on the spot after inhaling the poisonous gas, the 7-year-old child breathed her last on her way to a Surat-based hospital, sources said.

The five-member labour family hail from Padana village in Madhya Pradesh. They were staying inside the vacant premises of one Narmada Oil ETL company which was shut down five years ago, sources added.

The pollution control board officials and police rushed to the spot. However, so far, they have been unable to ascertain the exact cause of the leakages.

It may be recalled that a similar incident of gas leakage had occurred last month in another chemical unit located in the same Ankleswar GIDC complex in which three people were killed and six others hospitalised.

UNI SS WD/PM MS RK1415


For important updates connect with us on Facebook Oneindia News

Write a Comment